Thursday, October 15, 2009

Blendtec Blender



I have always wondered how those stupid blenders managed to blend just about everything.  As a firm believer in all things really stupid and magical; like leprechauns ridding unicorns!   I always thought it was some kind of magic.  Apparently I was wrong.  It was Voodoo, but I was so close!

God I love those leprechauns; they're sneaky little bastards that are hording all me gold!

From Blendtec:

* The shaft is made entirely of metal. Other blenders use plastic shafts as a
safety mechanism. If the blade gets stuck, the blade/motor connection will
sever, as the plastic will either break or melt. The Blendtec blender relies on
electronics instead. Should things get out of hand, a sensor will shut off the
motor.
* The speed sensor uses inductive pickup to tell the control circuitry how fast
the shaft is spinning. This is the same mechanism used by an electric guitar to
pick up string vibrations.
You can read more at Crunchgear [Linkage]

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis