Friday, September 25, 2009

Google was down again...


Yes, yes, Google was down again.  I know you can't do your searches, and check your email, and it's damned annoying.  But hey, it could be worse.At times like this, I'd like to remind everyone where we'd be with out Google.  You're going to have to fill in that thought for yourselves because I don't know. What do you want from me, I'm not omniscient, however, I would like to be omnipotent.

anyways, enjoy these photos of the original Google computer...


 
The development of the Google algorithms was carried on on a variety of Computers, mainly provided by the NSF-DARPA-NASA-funded Digital Library project at Stanford. Click to see the equipment in its laboratory setting on the basement floor of Gates Information Sciences. Crawling the web to obtain its link structure required an enormous amount of storage in comparison with typical student projects at that time. We show here the original storage assembly, containing 10 4 Gigabyte disk drives, giving 40 Gbytes total. 


 

Linkage

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis